Bisons fans are starting to shuffle through the ballpark as we update “The Dish” from our broadcast booth. Don’t tell Duke, but folks sitting in his chair and having a great time putting on the headset and practicing their home run calls. Feel free to drop by and say ‘hello’ as you pass by the booth and pick up the Bisons’ TV (or print one here!) and radio schedules.
Here’s a quick hits version of some of the fun:
- FREE Russer Hot Dogs on Midstate Bakery Rolls and Coca-Cola Soft Drinks
- NEW TEAM LOGO Gear available in the Batter’s Box Gift Shop
- 2 LIVE Shows from Children’s Music Entertainer Glenn Colton (12:15pm/1:30pm)
- Show Your Spirit with Brush of Class Face Paintings
- Test Your Skills in the Bisons Batting Cage and Radar Gun
- Swing for the Fences on Nintendo Wii Home Run Derby
- Take a Spin on the Bisons Prize Wheel to Win some Great Prizes
- Get an Inside Look at the Bisons Home Clubhouse, Press Box and Party Suites
- Classic Bisons Trophies and Artifacts
1:27 p.m. – I haven’t been able to take a break! A long and steady line of fans dropping by the booth to say ‘hello’ and talk about what’s ahead in 2009 for Buffalo!
3:12 – This one is headed for extras! A HUGE turnout and many were dressed in Bisons’ blue. No way this party shuts down on time with the number of people still at the yard. Thanks to everyone that stopped by the booth to say, ‘hello’ and talk about the season ahead. I ventured out of the booth just once and saw Pettibones was packed and heard the same was true for every stop along the way. Kudos, once again, to YOU – the Bisons fan.
3:57 – Crazy numbers… no word on the actual number of fans today but I learned there were 1,050 – yes one-thousand fifty – hot dogs ingested between 11:07 a.m. and 2:56 p.m.
~ Ben Wagner